Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving! Black Truffle Stuffing, Pear Kuchen, and a Delicious Leftovers Sandwich at The New York Times, and Gooey Eggnog French Toast at Cup of Jo


Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Here's to the soon-ending what's-turned-out-to-be an amazing year. May you all experience a memorable and love-filled holiday.

I produced four of the Fifty States of Thanksgiving in the latest New York Times Food section. The group was a lot of work to cook, style, and shoot. I am very happy with the results. And, needless to say, folks around here ate well in the aftermath….  Each of these is a fantastic dish, if you're still on the hunt for delicious food for your holiday gathering. :)

Above: Delaware, the DuPont family Black Truffle Zucchini Stuffing.


The Elsen sisters' South Dakota Pear Kuchen.


Kansas Harvey House Candied Sweet Potatoes.


A Turkey French Dip from Nevada. This one was the biggest surprise. Totally delicious (keep in mind, it's all in the proportions….).

Once the tryptophan has worn off, here is an indulgence with just enough eggs and sugar to welcome the weekend.  I was asked to produce this for Cup of Jo. It was even better than it looks….







There are some end-of-year goodies I'll be sharing next. Another great giveaway, a giving (and buying) guide, and of course, more really delicious food.

What plans do you have for the last days of 2014?

I need to slow down so I can be a little more deliberate. Time is precious. Our loved ones are gold. More time for loved ones, that's what I'll be doing with the remaining days this year.

1 comment:

  1. I saw the eggnog french toast on Cup of Joe as well... it looks decadently perfect! Can it possibly taste as delicious as you've made it look? I checked out the NYTimes feature and the MI one was spot on for our MI side of the family - German Potato Salad is a staple at every reunion.

    Also wanted to say that I was so sorry to hear about your step-grandfather's passing. I hope you and your family are having a peaceful, not too stressed weekend together as you pack!

    ReplyDelete