Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Winter Cooking, Chocolate Mousse & Sweet Paul Holiday Edition

Sweet Paul Magazine came out yesterday, and we all agree that it looks fabulous. I had so much fun working on the issue! There is photography by me throughout, including this and that. But the real show-stoppers are my Winter Cooking story, and the Fave Photographers' feature. So cool!!!

Here is another look at the tasty morsels...








I can attest that each and every item is sensationally tasty. Please click here for the recipes and tell us what you think!

When Paul asked me about my signature holiday dish for his favorite photographers story, my mind went racing. I could do the leg of lamb I love so much or different cookies that sing the holiday-tune, but as I thought further, I knew my KahlĂșa chocolate mousse had to be it. In an ad torn from the pages of a really old issue of Gourmet, this recipe is what I make to surprise neighbors and colleagues with (and when I don't make it, you can believe I hear about it).

Here's a pairing I fancy that didn't appear in the magazine. The plum garnish is a playful adaptation from the famous "Twas the Night Before Christmas" poem, where it says "...while visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads"... The glistening sugar coating offers a nice crunch, and the flesh makes for a bright and juicy accent in all that chocolatey depth!


A sublime treat to enjoy whenever, and especially nice to share with loved ones. This has been another great adventure. More on the way soon!

3 comments:

  1. The photos are beautiful, and I'm definitely going to try that mousse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Melina! Your photos are so stunning! Congrats on the gorgeous spread in Sweet Paul. Love chocolate mousse - I'm sure it's absolutely insane with the Kahlua. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lindsay and Renee! I do have fun making a pretty picture... :) If you two love a good mousse, I cannot wait to see your feedback once you try this recipe. Tis the season!

    ReplyDelete